Inside Sales Representative - PORTLAND, OR
- - Portland, OR
- Full Time
Contribute to the operational effectiveness of the Division by providing outstanding customer service, through the timely and accurate processing of customer orders, answering inquiries and solving customers' order-related problems. Provide administrative support for assigned Account Managers in a team based environment in alignment with WCP Solutions' culture and company and department goals.
• Accept and process customer telephone, fax, e-mail, online or walk-in orders while providing exceptional customer service in order to meet sales support objectives.
• Increase sales revenue and account penetration by encouraging "add-on" items; telemarketing to select customers to achieve financial goals.
• Provide price quotes for stock items; work with merchandising and sales to facilitate price quotes for non-stock items.
• Assist customers with problems, delivery times, lost orders, returns, price adjustments, etc.; answer customer product inquiries (i.e. availability, suitability, substitutions, sustainability, sizes, etc.) to provide excellent customer care.
• Track backorders and future orders for customers and Account Managers to assist in timely customer receipt of product.
• Communicate customer-related information, opportunities and problems to Account Managers and Sales Manager to facilitate information flow.
• Prepare customer specific order guides on request.
• Create and/or update customer online shopping lists.
• Prepare stock increase/decrease forms and relay information to merchandising team.
• Perform other functions as necessary.
• Three years of customer service or industry-related experience.
• Associate degree or equivalent education in Business, Marketing, Communications or a closely related field preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and current versions of Microsoft Office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge for math and ability to apply it.
• Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
• Customer service oriented, with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Detail oriented, well organized with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects.
• Approachable, flexible, adaptable to change.
• Professional office environment.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, regularly lift 10-25 lbs.
• Frequent use of basic office equipment (i.e. computer, copier, fax, stapler, 3-hole punch, paper cutter, etc.).
• Heavy telephone contact with customers.
• Occasional overtime and participation in annual physical inventory required.