Customer Service - PORTLAND, OR
- - Portland, OR
- Full Time
Client Advisor in a Wholesale Distribution company. Contribute to the operational effectiveness of the Portland, OR Division by providing outstanding customer service, through the timely and accurate processing of customer orders, answering inquiries and solving customers' order-related problems. Provide administrative support for assigned Account Managers in a team-based environment in alignment with WCP Solutions' culture and company and department goals.
• Accept and process customer telephone, fax, e-mail, online or walk-in orders while providing exceptional customer service to meet sales support objectives.
• Increase sales revenue and account penetration by encouraging "add-on" items; telemarketing to select customers to achieve financial goals.
• Provide price quotes for stock items; work with merchandising and sales to facilitate price quotes for non-stock items.
• Assist customers with problems, delivery times, lost orders, returns, price adjustments, etc.; answer customer product inquiries (i.e., availability, suitability, substitutions, sustainability, sizes, etc.) to provide excellent customer care.
• Track backorders and future orders for customers and Account Managers to assist in timely customer receipt of product.
• Communicate customer-related information, opportunities, and problems to Account Managers, purchasing and Sales Managers to facilitate information flow.
• Prepare customer specific order guides on request.
• Create and/or update customer online shopping lists.
• Prepare stock increase/decrease forms and relay information to merchandising team.
• Process customer returns and claims.
• Source new/custom items as well as research other options
• Obtain supplier quotes.
• Two years of customer service or industry-related experience.
• Associate degree or equivalent education in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a closely related field preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and current versions of Microsoft Office.
• General distribution knowledge desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge for math and ability to apply it.
• Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
• Customer service oriented, with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Detail oriented, well organized with ability to prioritize, coordinate, and simultaneously maintain multiple projects.
• Approachable, flexible, adaptable to change.
• Professional office environment.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, regularly lift 10-25 lbs.
• Frequent use of basic office equipment (i.e., computer, copier, fax, stapler, 3-hole punch, paper cutter, etc.).
• Heavy telephone contact with customers.
• Occasional overtime and participation in annual physical inventory required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts