Warehouseperson - Order Picker
- - Anchorage, AK
- Full Time
Contribute to the operational effectiveness of the Anchorage Division by providing excellent customer service in the areas of product receiving and fulfillment of customer orders.
• Fill all customer orders: count out sheets, pull industrial items, and prepare orders for shipment or count sheets.
• Operate a commercial grade paper cutting machine to yield specific stock measurements.
• Load orders going out to customers to ensure efficient and accurate delivery.
• Unload incoming freight to warehouse for successful order pulling.
• Assist with relocating stock.
• Keep the warehouse and work area neat and clean and the stock orderly.
• Follow proper safety procedures and perform all job duties in a safe manner.
• Break down empty cartons for recycling.
• Identify stock that is in wrong location and relocate to the correct location
• Assist warehouse staff from other areas when possible.
• Perform other duties as requested.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to operate a commercial grade paper cutting machine, lift equipment, reach trucks, etc.
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and with employees of other companies, and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
• Customer service oriented, with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Basic math, understanding of measuring systems, and basic reading and writing skills.
• One year of experience working in a warehouse preferred.
• Warehouse and shipping dock environment, working in all weather conditions.
• Able to work at certain heights
• Able to lift up to 75 pounds or more waist high on a frequent basis and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Flexible with adjusting working hours, if needed.
• Overtime, weekends, and participation in annual physical inventory required.