Local CDL Route Driver - PORTLAND, OR
- - Portland, OR
- Full Time
Contribute to the operational effectiveness of the division by providing excellent customer service in the areas of delivery of customer orders and product fufillment. Hours are 4:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. with possible overtime. CDL Class A required.
- Plan daily delivery route.
- Locate stock in warehouse and load onto truck while reviewing orders for accuracy.
- Drive to customer locations; unload stock at customer location, put stock in appropriate location.
- Solve order problems for customers when necessary including, but not limited to COD's, shortages, and misfiled orders.
- Communicate customer information (problems, changes in order size, and other distributor positions with customers) to management.
- Follow proper safety procedures and perform all job duties in a safe manner.
- Deliver product to customers accurately, safely and on time.
- Assist warehouse staff from other areas when possible.
- Participate in annual physical inventory process.
- Perform other functions as necessary.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong customer service orientation; good public relations skills.
- Ability to read and follow a road map.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to meet company and regulatory driving record requirements.
- Ability to move stock using a hand truck or pallet jack.
- CDL Class A required.
- Excellent driving record and valid medical card required.
- One year work experience driving a truck or tractor trailer and one year work experience in a warehouse preferred.
- Warehouse, customer location and truck cab environment;
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds or more waist high on a frequent basis and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Subject to extremes in weather and traffic conditions.
- Overtime, occasional weekends and participation in annual physical inventory required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts