Warehouse Second Shift - PORTLAND, OR
- - Portland, OR
- Full Time
Contribute to the operational effectiveness of the Portland, OR Division by providing excellent customer service in the areas of product receiving and fulfillment of customer orders. Hours are 2:00 to 10:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with some overtime.
- Fill customer orders: count out sheets, pull industrial items, prepare orders for shipment or count sheets to be cut to customer's specifications.
- Unload trucks.
- Assist in putting away and relocating stock.
- Keep the floor neat and clean and the stock orderly.
- Follow proper safety procedures and perform all job duties in a safe manner.
- Break down empty cartons for recycling.
- Identify stock that is not moving to management.
- Assist warehouse staff from other areas when possible.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- One year of experience working in a warehouse preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Basic math, reading and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to communicate at all levels of organization and with employees of other companies, and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
- Customer service oriented, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to operate lift equipment, reach trucks, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds or more waist high on a frequent basis and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Warehouse and shipping dock environment, working in all weather conditions.
- Overtime, weekends, and participation in annual physical inventory required.
- Shift is Monday-Friday, 2 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. with some overtime.