Service Technician - Anchorage, AK
- - Anchorage, AK
- Full Time
Summary: Support overall sales efforts by providing preventive maintenance, service and repair on commercial laundry, dish machines and dispensing equipment. Work with customers to offer solutions on proper equipment installations and usage of related consumable products. Responsible for providing excellent customer service to our existing clients while developing additional sales opportunities to new customers.
- Perform troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on commercial laundry, dish machines and dispensing equipment.
- Research and introduce new products to customers; prepare and update corresponding quotes; make recommendations and help to manage appropriate levels of inventory.
- Enhance customer satisfaction by identifying and solving potential issues through suggesting, sampling and providing customer solutions.
- Use mechanical aptitude to install and repair machines laundry, dish and dispensing equipment: also demonstrate safe equipment use and ensure that equipment is fully operational.
- Train Account Managers and customers on equipment and commodities.
- Manage territory through recognition of service opportunities and implementation of service solutions.
- Provide other duties to backup Equipment Technician as needed.
- Promote appropriate WCP Solutions services, products and maintenance programs.
- Effectively manage time and resources to control costs, enhance efficiencies and meet commitments.
- Attend appropriate technical and manufacturing training.
- Respond to customer emergency service requests on weeknights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Support Account Managers and Sales Manager by advising activity in customer accounts.
- Maintain clean and service Tech vans.
- Perform other functions as necessary.
- Minimum of two years equipment and machinery maintenance and repair experience and janitorial equipment desired.
- Demonstrate hands-on technical ability; mechanical, electrical, plumbing troubleshooting and repair on equipment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and current versions of Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver's license and clear driving record- strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General line equipment knowledge required.
- Knowledge of competitive equipment installations in assigned geographical marketplace desirable.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives. Customer service oriented, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Detail oriented, able to work with little direct supervision; well organized, with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects and effectively follow through on projects.
- Strong critical thinking, questioning, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and in an environment full of deadlines, providing accurate output.
- Travel for on-site repairs at customer's facilities; subject to extremes in weather and traffic conditions.
- Overtime, occasional weekends as required.
- Participation in annual physical inventory required.
- Office and workshop environment.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time; able to bend, stoop and kneel on frequent basis.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds on a regular basis.