Receiving Supervisor, Day Shift
- - Kent, WA
- Full Time
- Medical / Dental / Life / Disability / Matching 401(k)
Support the receiving and day shift teams by providing excellent customer service in the areas of product receiving, fulfillment and delivery of customer orders.
• Lead the Receiving and Day Shift teams to meet department and individual goals through excellence in performance management, goal setting, communication and training.
• Provide the Operations Manager with analysis and resolution of complex operations situations to ensure the Division is performing at peak efficiencies.
• Ensure that warehouse operations are performed in a safe manner to uphold and promote WCP policies, practices and culture.
• Identify, establish and implement procedures to maximize the efficiencies of warehouse operations.
• Work with Operations Manager to execute hiring, terminating, and timekeeping responsibilities in alignment with company expectations and statutory requirements.
• Communicate and review with Operations Manager all recommendations from warehouse employees
• Fill in when needed.
• Perform other functions as necessary.
• Previous experience leading a team and managing supervisory requirements.
• Two year experience in a warehouse environment required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Window and current versions of MS Office products.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Basic math, reading and writing skills.
• Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills; ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
• Customer service oriented, with the ability to work well under pressure in an environment full of deadlines, providing accurate output.
• Detail oriented, well organized with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects; approachable, flexible, adaptable to change.
• Strong organizational critical thinking, questioning, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Able to operate lift equipment, reach trucks, etc.
• Warehouse and shipping dock environment; deliveries in all weather conditions.
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds or more waist high on a frequent basis and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Overtime, occasional weekends and participation in annual physical inventory required.