Sheeter Operator Assistant - Converting
- - Converting - Portland, OR
- Full Time
- Medical / Dental / Life / Disability / Matching 401(k)
Contribute to the overall success of the Paper Converting Division by assisting Sheeter Operator and Sheeter Coordinator in successful quality control, safety, and mandatory requirements involved in the daily operation of sheeting equipment.
• Execute sheeting/converting operations in accordance with the production schedules set by coordinator.
• Conduct quality control measures at various stages of sheeting process to ensure the highest quality of finished product.
• Create various size pallets for special orders.
• Prepare finished goods for shipping.
• Assist Sheeter Coordinator with weekly inventory reconciliation including bin locations, product identifications, and adjustments.
• Unload trucks; assist in receipt and transfer of stock to sheeter warehouse.
• Maintain a clean work environment; follow proper safety procedures and perform all job duties in a safe manner.
• Perform other functions as required.
• Minimum one year of experience in sheeter operations.
• Previous work experience with paper roll clamp preferred.
• Strong carpentry experience preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and current versions of MS Office.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Able to perform basic mathematical skills including use of measurement systems.
• Detail oriented, able to work with little direct supervision; well organized, with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects and effectively follow through on projects.
• Able to work well under pressure and in an environment full of deadlines, providing accurate output.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to communicate at all levels of organization and with employees of other companies, and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
• Ability to use forklift, pneumatic nail gun, power stapler gun, roll clamp truck, etc.
• Understanding of different grades of substrates and potential sheeting issues.
• Able to maintain a clean work environment and follow safety requirements and principles.
• Able to lift up to 75 lbs. or more waist high on a frequent basis and up to 100 lbs. on an occasional basis.
• Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time; able to bend, stoop and kneel on a frequent basis
• Warehouse and mechanized environment subject to extremes in temperature.
• Occasional overtime and participation in physical inventory required.
• Frequent use of basic warehouse and delivery equipment (i.e. forklift, picker, pallet jack, etc.).
• Shift is Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts