Director of Packaging - Kent, WA
- - Kent, WA
- Full Time
- Medical / Dental / Life / Disability / Matching 401(k)
Position is responsible for managing the core strategy for Packaging. The Director takes ownership from an investment, profitability, product standpoint. Director is key vendor liaison for the company. Key point person involved in all vendor negotiation, conflict resolution, opportunistic moves and managing the category.
• Establish with VP Sales and suppliers company sales goals
• Establish and manage new and existing vendor relationships
• Negotiate financial structure of all vendor relationship (cost, OMI, returns, others)
• Coordinate and conduct training on products, market knowledge, and supplier relations
• Coordinate merchandising efforts amongst all branches to assure investment goals are met, reducing overstock situations and to maximize shipment opportunities from suppliers
• Work with merchandisers to educate and inform on the skill set of effective merchandising
• Communicate with divisions the action plans and goals relating to vendor strategies.
• Analyze product offering continuously to determine vendor/product mix/rationalization
• Manage supplier relations through regularly scheduled meetings
• Track programs and review with VP Industrial to assist in developing sales strategies
• Provide ongoing analysis of market segment profitability
• Oversee sell price contracts and systems costs
• Work with Industrial Marketing Coordinator to managing Industrial catalog data base
• Work with VP Sales to establish sales and marketing programs which create measurable results.
• Support vendors at divisions resolving conflicts and establishing path forward.
• Manage vendor strategy, managing pricing, availability, competitive distribution platform and future sourcing
• Communicate to divisions any changes, enhancements or concerns about a vendor on a on-going basis
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to work with confidential environment.
• Ability to work at the strategic as well as street level.
• Sales, purchasing and merchandising experience preferred.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of computer-driven purchasing system
• Current Market and Industry knowledge
• B.A. degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a closely related field or 5 years works experience.
• A minimum of 5 to 7 years supervisory or management experience.
• Office environment; occasional exposure to warehouse environment.
• Necessity to sit or stand for extended periods of time; regularly lift 10-20 pounds.
• Overnight travel required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts