Outside Sales Rep - BURLINGTON, WA
- - Burlington, WA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
- Medical / Dental / Life / Disability / Matching 401(k)
Contribute to the success of the Burlington WA. market areas by driving sales to achieve or exceed margin plan. Close new and repeat sales in both current and new accounts within our chosen market and product segments in Industrial Sales including Packaging, Janitorial and Food Service.
• Close new and repeat profitable sales in support of company and Division objectives, and territory trading margin plans.
• Plan accounts and territory, including annual, quarterly, weekly and daily sales activities, customer-share and market-share expansion, and margin growth.
• Research and introduce new products to customers; prepare and update corresponding quotes; make recommendations and help to manage appropriate levels of inventory.
• Respond appropriately to customer questions, pricing issues, credit concerns, and order issues.
• Enhance key relationships by maintaining regular contact with customers and suppliers.
• Write orders received from customers.
• Review accounts and make recommendations regarding credit levels.
• Contribute to the profitability of the Division by working effectively with Merchandising, Inside Sales and Operations.
• Perform other functions as necessary.
• AA or BA degree in closely related field (experience may substitute for education).
• Three or more years of work experience in a sales position preferred, inside or outside.
• Valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and current versions of MS Office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Current market and industry knowledge.
• Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills; ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
• Customer service oriented, with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Detail oriented, well organized with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects; approachable, flexible, and adaptable to change.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Customer locations and professional office environment; heavy telephone contact with customers; extensive driving.
• Participation in annual physical inventory required.
• Able to lift 25 pounds on a regular basis.