Buyer Fine Paper - PORTLAND, OR
- - Portland, OR
- Full Time
- Medical / Dental / Life / Disability / Matching 401(k)
Contribute to operational effectiveness of WCP Solutions Portland and Kent Divisions by merchandising, purchasing and responding to product inquiries and claims. This position contributes to operational effectiveness of the Divisions by providing outstanding customer service, through timely and accurate processing of customer orders, answering inquiries and solving customers' order-related problems.
• Source new / custom items as well as research options, information and obtain quotes from suppliers to seek product and program solutions.
• Create and maintain acronyms to retain item master file integrity.
• Place and follow up on supplier purchase orders to ensure product availability; promptly research and process mill claims to meet division operation goals.
• Manage inventory levels and communicate with merchandisers in other locations concerning stock level needs to assure the needs of customers, sales, and WCP are met.
• Responsible for the timely processing of defective and returned merchandise.
• Process supplier inquiries from Account Managers to support sales and service requirements.
• Support inside sales as needed by accepting and processing customer telephone, fax or walk-in orders to provide superior customer service.
• Meet the needs of our customers by assisting with problems, delivery times, lost orders, returns, price adjustments, etc.; answer customer product inquiries (i.e. availability, suitability, substitutions, sizes, etc.).
• Oversee assigned customers stock levels and order entry.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of three years work experience in purchasing or merchandising, preferably in distribution environment.
• Strong understanding of paper grades and paper products
• Bachelors or Associates degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a closely related field preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and current versions of Microsoft Office.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills; ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
• Customer service oriented, with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Detail oriented; ability to work well with little direct supervision and under pressure, providing accurate output in a deadline-intensive environment.
• Well organized, with the ability to prioritize, coordinate, simultaneously maintain and effectively follow through on multiple projects.
• Strong critical thinking, inquiry, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
• Strong aptitude for math.
• Professional office environment; heavy telephone contact with customers, suppliers and Account Managers.
• Frequent use of basic office equipment (i.e. computer, fax, copier, etc.).
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, regularly lift 10-25 lbs.
• Occasional travel and participation in annual physical inventory required.
• Occasional overtime required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts